Santa Barbara County Food Action Network (SBCFAN) is searching for an Executive Director to serve as the “central hub” of this emerging and energetic team. This is a new position, intended to support the development and efforts of the network. The Director’s main roles are to guide and manage the SBCFAN volunteer Executive Committee and working groups, lead internal and public communications, collect network data for evaluation, monitor the budget, oversee the Executive Committee’s grant-making to supporting organizations, and initiate and lead fundraising efforts. Funding for this position is secured for 2020 through the end of 2021. Ongoing fundraising will be critical to ensure the network’s long-term impact and sustainability.
- Manage & support SBCFAN teams
- Working with the Executive Committee Co-Chairs, coordinate and direct monthly meetings
- Working with working group chairs, coordinate and provide guidance on project implementation
- Support the development of a structure for grant-making to organizations working in areas that align with the Food Action Plan
- Actively seek funding opportunities, develop a fundraising plan, and lead or support the development of grant applications to state and national agencies, private foundations, and individual donors
- Identify and pursue in-kind donations of goods or services to support network goals
- Oversee and/or support volunteers, interns and consultants for special projects
- Monitor and report to funders on the Food Action Network’s budget
- Implement external communications & advance community participation in SBCFAN
- Network and collaborate with community members working in the food system
- Create communication plans for 2020-2021
- Develop and lead 2-3 annual community events
- Manage consultants to develop and design SBCFAN collateral, including website, e-newsletters, action alerts, and print materials
- Provide updates of successes to network members, the press, and the broader community
- Serve as a liaison with other organizations to promote activities, local policies and goals of the network
- Support the network’s development and evaluation of its efforts
- Support SBCFAN Executive Committee goal setting
- Maintain internal communications
- Identify opportunities to create and strengthen internal network connections
- Orient new members
- Facilitate data collection necessary for assessing and evaluating network health and effectiveness
CORE COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- Capability to convene, catalyze, and guide volunteers who comprise the network
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong public speaking and community engagement skills
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills
- Fundraising and grant writing skills
- PR and communications planning and implementation experience
- Knowledge of network building and collective impact models for social change
- Some knowledge of the food system and a willingness to learn this subject matter
A wide variety of education and experiences will be considered.
OTHER SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Ability to travel on SBCFAN-related business within Santa Barbara County
- Availability to work some weekend and evening hours
- Proficiency with standard computer applications and a comfort with learning new systems
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) helpful
- This position is expected to take 25-30 hours/week, with the potential to grow if further funding is secured
- Salary and benefits package competitive and commensurate with experience.
- Hours are flexible but must accommodate group meeting and event schedules
- Reports to SBCFAN Executive Committee Co-Chairs
- Director may be located anywhere in Santa Barbara County
We welcome interested candidates to send a resume and cover letter outlining your skills and qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 20th, 2020.
Please save and upload your documents in one combined PDF document. Position will remain open until filled.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.